Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oskar, My Life - Part Three


Walking is a very important part of my day and my human takes it very seriously. Before we leave the apartment there are several things she puts on: first her walking shoes with the bouncy soles and her black glasses, then her hat, and she covers up her ears with round tires.  Cords hang down from the tires and there is a little gadget at the other end of the cord that she puts in her pocket. Then we’re off.  
We walk on a path along the river, and usually it is the best part of the day but one day something terrible, terrible terrible happened. I still shake every time I think about it. I was sniffing some leaves under a bush when a HUGE monster attacked me.  My human told me it was a Canadian Goose but as far as I am concerned they can stay in Canada if they are going to act like this.  It stretched out its wings so wide I thought I was a goner.  It began pecking at my eyes with it’s clacking beak, peck, peck, peck.  I was terrified!  My human was talking to another human when it happened.  She was holding a long stick called a cane and she began swinging the cane at the goose and saying, “stop that, stop that.” If it was not for that cane I really think I would be a goner. The human said I came too close to Mother Goose’s babies, but I wasn’t going to hurt those babies.  I learned a good lesson.  Whenever we see any geese now, we give them LOTS of space, believe you me.

Well, now there you have it.  I have a great life.  I like it here better than Arkansas.  I don’t like the white stuff that falls from the sky every once in awhile because it makes my feet cold. When that happens, my human puts on my coat but that doesn’t help my paws.  My apartment is called “The Mill” and all the humans know my name and are so happy to see me when we are in the little box going up or down. They don’t know my human’s name but they know mine! It is time to go for another walk so I need to say goodbye,  My human is putting on her walking gear and off we will go.  Don’t worry, I will stay far away from any of those Canadian Geese!




No comments:

Post a Comment