Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Maggie


Today is my friend, Maggie's birthday, one of those "well-rounded" ones to boot. In honor of the occasion I have attempted to write a poem:

How to describe Maggie Peruto?
She’s as Italian as a plate of proscuitto
She is mother to little Piglet and Nikki
Offering tidbits for their appetites picky



















We have bonded over many things:
Politics, dogs, cabbages and kings,
Our favorite program, Breaking Bad
Cheers us when we are feeling sad.
We both love Walt, we both love Jessie
Their improbable lives become so messy
We both love voluntary simplicity
And people who display unattractive duplicity

What can I say, I love her dearly
I don't know how to say it more clearly
To quote Tina Turner, she is simply the best
So much better than all the rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment