Friday, November 18, 2011

Swimming Update

Good news on my swimming progress - I am enjoying it beyond my wildest expectations. Part of the pleasure is due to three purchases: goggles, fins, and a bathing cap.  For the first time in my life I am able to do an honest to goodness free style, probably due to the fact that the goggles and cap prevent  water from invading my ears and eyes. I stopped counting laps because I can never remember what lap I am on. I swim and as I swim, I either recite my Alexander Technique mantra (my back is lengthening and widening, my back is lengthening and widening, my arms are lengthening, my legs are lengthening) or I write scripts for my puppets in my head. 


The picture was taken by one of the girls at the Y. I emailed it to my two sons which caused a flurry of emails.  They were both horrified at my bathing suit: From Josh: Great picture! Now you just need a new suit, mom. Is that a built in skirt around the waist?? Reply from Alex:  I think she sewed it on after she bought it. Or maybe it's velcro. She keeps the skirt on when she trains and then rips it off when she is on the blocks before a race. Needless to say, I have been shamed into ordering a skirtless bathing suit on line.  It is purple.  I will look like a plum paddling up and down the lanes as my back lengthens and widens.

No comments:

Post a Comment