Tuesday, November 8, 2011

She Was Beside Herself

I have not reached that enviable position of "being comfortable in my own skin" so I manufacture a variety of tricks to convince myself that I am actually ok.  Being beside myself is one of them. It eliminates the necessity of facing an unidentifiable obstacle alone. The obstacle could be almost anything, probably benign, but you never know.


1) To have an identical twin is a nifty trick, especially when she is brave.  My twin seems to be everywhere these days, popping up when I least expect her. She just returned from getting a flu shot, as well as a whooping cough booster which was sweet of her because she knows I hate needles.  Strange, Jan got the shot but my arm hurts . . . 

Anne

Jan

2) And then there are the puppets. The puppets play a far different role, they don't accompany me on my daily journey but remain home and only come out when I demand a performance. These performances are frequent, my puppets are much happier when kept busy.  They bring out the best in me, they bring out the worst in me. What is important is that they tell me what I need to know about myself.  Therapy is too expensive, and besides, my puppets are more fun. 

Gracie and Deedee

Nick

So many pictures this time, but I think they were all necessary, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment