Friday, June 15, 2012

Noah's Ark





“Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.” 
― Rumi


What a great quote!  I love Rumi.  If and when you are feeling down, google Rumi quotes, and you are bound to find at least one that will cheer you up. I love projects, especially huge, foolish ones.  Rumi was so prolific. Although his poems were hardly foolish, he never gave a fig about what people thought of him, he could have cared less. In that respect, he was a bit like Woody Allen. Woody never read his reviews.  When a movie was "in the can," he put it aside and started another one. If the critics liked it, fine, if the critics didn't like it, fine. 

My puppets are the same way.  They may be small, but they are very self-assured.  I wouldn't go so far as to call them egotistical, but they are no dopes.  Sometimes size matters, sometimes not. Soon I shall be off to Germany to visit "the German Contingent." It will be very good for me to unplug, to forget about the upcoming election, Obamacare, and more importantly, what happened to the cat who sat by his window opposite mine every morning for three years and said good morning.  He is gone, and my world is a lesser place.  I hope he, too, is only off on vacation and will return some day soon.

It's All Temporary

No comments:

Post a Comment