Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another Swimming Update/The twins are at it again

Jan


Anne


My swimming updates have been few and far between. I took three weeks off in December due to an ear infection and the holidays but am back in the pool again (On the road again!) No longer do I wear a skirted matronly suit, I am in a black "training suit." I decided on black so I would look serious. My brave twin, Jan, goes to the pool most days because she never gets cold and she is a better swimmer. The good news is that her free style gets better every day, Jan is like a knife going through warm butter in the water.  Smooth, smooth, smooth with hardly a ripple. As the Buddhists say, "leave no wake." That's Jan. Anne splashes about but she tries. The bad news is that neither one of us can do a flip turn.  For some reason somersaulting off the wall is beyond us.

I am on day four of a "15 day challenge."  Fifteen days straight for half an hour in the pool is my goal.  It is also Jan's goal.  We shall see, I'll let you know.




It's All Temporary

No comments:

Post a Comment